Stretch marks occur on a body that has experienced a sudden change in body weight. They normally appear on the stomach areas, upper arms, breasts or buttocks. They are a result of connective tissue being stretched beyond flexibility when the skin either expands or contracts. This change weakens the collagen and disturbs the normal production cycle. The result is fine scars on the dermis (middle layer) of the skin. These fine scars are what are called stretch marks and are usually pink in color, sometimes purple or red. As these marks age, the will turn a thin and silvery or gray color.
Women who go through a pregnancy almost always develop stretch marks as they gain weight while pregnant and suddenly lose the weight with the delivery of the baby. Other causes are those who are overweight and then go on a weight loss program and quickly lose weight. Other causes are heredity, rapid growth, stress or any change in hormones or hormonal imbalances during different stages of life.
Stretch marks make one feel self-conscious and often times very uncomfortable. They often prevent you from wearing a favorite outfit because they might be visible.
Does Aloe Vera Help Stretch Marks
A plant commonly used by the Egyptians which they termed “immortality” and was called, Aloe Vera has a lot of amazing healing properties. Aloe Vera has phytochemicals and other nutrients to help cure many hair, skin and health problems. The incredible plant comes from Africa and belongs to the Xanthorrhoeaceae family. It can be used in the form of powder, gel or by the juice of a fresh torn leaf.
Many are unsure if Aloe Vera helps stretch marks as they do not know about its many properties.
* Aloe Vera for stretch marks can help to repair the scarred skin and prevent it from returning in the same area.
* It contains anti-inflammatory properties to heal stretch marks as well as relieve any pain and discomfort.
* Aloe Vera has a rich source of essential nutrients the help you with relief from burns, scars, cuts, and scratches on the skin.
* It contains water to help sustain skin tissues and restore them properly for great skin care.
* With regular applications of aloe vera on stretch marks you will rejuvenate your skin which will in turn help to remove the stretch marks.
* Aloe Vera contains anti-oxidants, nutrients, essential moisture and healing properties to effectively treat your Old stretch marks. The anti-oxidants repair the damaged skin cells and regenerate new cells to remove the stretch marks on your body.
* its antiseptic property clears the stretch marks and also helps to heal rashes, burns, cuts, and scratches on the skin and makes the skin smooth with an even tone.
* Aloe Vera contains two separate hormones; Auxins and Gibberellins which are anti-inflammatory properties. These hormones stimulate the regrowth of healthy skin cells. They also help to keep the natural production of collagen in the body going.
* It contains plant collagen which has been proven to increase skin’s elasticity and assist in providing the collagen to your body needed to relieve you of stretch marks.
How to Lighten Stretch Marks
If you are unsure how to use aloe vera to remove stretch marks, we have provided a few easy and natural remedies for your use. You only need to choose one that fits your needs and continue the use regularly. You will find these remedies extremely helpful in riding your body of those unsightly stretch marks.
* Aloe Vera with Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is used to exfoliate your skin of dead skin cells. With the removal of the dead cells, you will also reduce the appearance of stretch marks. The combination process helps you to lighten the stretch marks on the skin. Use- two tablespoons of aloe vera gel or juice mixed with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
Begin- take a small bowl and pour the aloe vera gel or juice into it. Add the lemon juice to this and mix well. Apply the mixture to the stretch marks and leave on to dry. Rinse off with water. Pat the skin dry and apply moisturizer to the skin. Repeat this procedure regularly until stretch marks clear from your skin.
* Aloe Vera with Castor Oil
Castor oil and aloe vera together are effective methods to treat stretch marks on your skin. These two combined together give you double the benefits or removing stretch marks. This process contains ricinoleic acid from the castor oil and vitamin E from the aloe vera to repair the collagen and make it work properly to fade or erase stretch marks.
Use- aloe vera gel with castor oil.
Begin- From the aloe vera leaf squeeze it to remove the gel and then beat the leaf until it is a watery consistency. Add castor oil to this mixture and mix well. Pour the combination into a saucepan and heat. Once heated apply the mixture to your stretch marks. Repeat this process regularly until your stretch marks clear from your skin.
* Aloe Vera with Olive Oil
Use- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel (preferably fresh) with 1/4 cup olive oil.
Begin- take a bowl and mix the two ingredients together thoroughly. Apply the mixture to your stretch marks and massage into them for a few minutes. Leave the mixture on for a few minutes or overnight. Rinse off with water and pat areas dry. If the area does not use the entire mixture, store any remaining amount in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Repeat the process daily until stretch marks disappear.
Stretch marks can cause discomfort for you and when visible are often embarrassing. There is help for these unsightly marks and with a regular aloe vera method of treatment, you can fade or eliminate them from your skin.